Beloved actor Michael K Williams who abruptly died earlier this month died of an accidental overdose. According to a coroners report released this week, the Wire star ingested fentanyl-laced heroin inside of his posh Brooklyn apartment home earlier this month. Williams had previously been fairly open with his struggles with addiction.
According to Bazaar Daily Insider (that’s our Medium.com version), Williams died of what appears to be an overdose although police are still properly investigating the death. Williams was best known for roles like that of Omar Little and that of his stint on shows like Boardwalk Empire.